If you’re looking for a delicious lunch that covers all your nutritional needs, then this will do it!
With plenty of protein, good fats, carbs and flavour, you’ll be making this dish regularly. Keeps fresh in the fridge for days, so perfect for work lunches.
Cook the Quinoa
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of mild curry powder (I used a Malay curry blend)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Make the Dressing
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Add the Vegetables
- ¼ cup diced raw carrot
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ¼ cup currants
- 1/3 cup raw or roasted unsalted cashews (or almonds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Soak the quinoa for about 1 hour in cold water, strain (discard water) and place quinoa in a saucepan with the stock, curry powder and turmeric. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for about 10-12 minutes (or until all the quinoa is cooked and the stock is absorbed). Turn off the heat and fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the dressing – mix together the yoghurt, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir the dressing through the quinoa while still hot. Add the chopped/diced vegetables, currants, nuts, coriander and coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate until cold or eat hot as a tasty side to your favourite meat dish.
Suggestions – you can add a spoonful of plain Greek yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon when serving.
With your health in mind,
Learn more about how you can take back control of your health by subscribing to the iNaturally Newsletter here at www.inaturally.com.au
Catherine McCoy is an Integrative Naturopath, Health Coach, Writer and Presenter who is the founder of the iNaturally Clinic in Canberra, ACT.
Catherine works with women who are sick and tired of being tired, stressed, overwhelmed and anxious to regain their health and get their life back on track.