Nothing adds to a busy woman’s stress levels more than a sick child.
As a mother, you worry about your children all the time, it’s a given. But you naturally worry about them more when they’re sick. With sleepless nights, timeout from childcare or school, time off work for you and the worry that it will spread to the whole family, your stress levels can go through the roof!
Sickness can certainly take its toll and it’s exhausting!
So, if your kids are getting sick with regular colds and flus, middle ear, or are susceptible to eczema, asthma, wheezing or sneezing, then make it a priority to boost up their immunity and bring them back into balance well before winter runs them down.
Boost your child’s immunity by:
- increasing fresh fruits and vegetables, protein and healthy fats – cut out processed foods and high sugar foods
- making sure they get enough sleep – rest is vital to good immunity
- encouraging more outdoor activity and less screen time – outside play, even when it’s cold, can strengthen the immune system and promote healthy physical development
- supplementing herbs to boost immunity such as Albizia (helpful for allergies, asthma, sinus and eczema), Echinacea (great for boosting immune function), Astragalus (for anti-viral protection of colds/flus), Elderberry (can stop virus replication in its tracks), Olive Leaf (well known for its anti-microbial action)
- using herbs in cooking – like garlic, thyme, rosemary, ginger (great immune boosting actions and tasty as well)
- boosting with vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C and Zinc – these nutrients provide the building blocks of the immune system and play a crucial role in regulating immunity
- making probiotics a necessary part of a winter supplement regime – about 70% of immune function is dependent on the health of the gut. It is now known that supplementing with a multi-strain probiotic formula can decrease the risk of common infectious conditions in children (and adults – so don’t forget yourself).
Children are constantly exposed to bugs and viruses, particularly in childcare and at school. Do yourself a favour – don’t wait until they are sick to build up their immunity. Set them up for a healthier, happier winter with less sickness and more play time!
Talk to me today about using high strength immune boosting herbs, vitamins and probiotics for your child.
Learn more about how you can take back control of your health by subscribing to the iNaturally Newsletter here at www.inaturally.com.au
Catherine McCoy is the founder of the iNaturally Clinic in Canberra, an Integrative Naturopath who works with women from all walks of life who are tired, overwhelmed, anxious, depressed and stressed – women who really want to get their health back on track. By working on the goals, motivations and choices of each client (what makes them tick) and combining that with the knowledge of science and the healing power of nature, she helps them to Reboot their Health and Rebuild their Life™!