Getting your health back on track doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. All it takes is a few changes and some commitment.
If you’re feeling tired, sluggish and less than enthusiastic about your health, now is the perfect time to do something about it.
With Spring comes healthy thoughts. It’s natural. Spring also reminds us that we can’t hide in baggy clothes for much longer.
Making simple changes can make you feel awesome.
Our bodies have efficient detox systems already in place, but they can become a little clogged up and lazy.
If you’ve been a bit naughty lately and haven’t been eating well or perhaps overindulging in alcohol, give your own detox systems a little break from the toxins.
Here are 7 easy tips for getting back in the mode of healthy living:
- Drink more water – if you want to flush those toxins out, boost metabolism, freshen up your skin and improve elimination, you MUST drink water. I know some people have trouble with this, so if you’re looking for a way to increase your water intake, try adding in a slice or two of fresh lemon to your glass or water bottle. If lemon is not your thing, try a slice of fresh ginger root – or adding both is also delicious.
- Get better quality sleep – most of our body repair happens while we sleep and our liver does most of its catch up work then too. Give your body every chance and turn off the TV in the bedroom, make sure the room is dark to kick your natural biorhythms back in and leave your mobile in another room. Happy sleeping!
- Give your body a break – cut down on the caffeine, alcohol and sugar. And if you smoke, make quitting a priority. Feeling bloated? Give yourself a 2 week break from wheat products – guaranteed to make you feel AMAZING!
- Eat whole foods – having a rule that you wouldn’t eat anything your great grandmother wouldn’t recognise means you stay clear of processed foods. This will reduce your toxic load of preservatives, additives, colourings and flavourings.
- Give your liver a boost – your liver is the most hardest working organ you have and sometimes it needs a little help to catch up. Taking a liver herb like St Mary’s Thistle will help your liver deal with the backlog of toxin and rejuvenate liver cells.
- Move your body – you don’t have to take up high intensity sport or marathon running, but if you get your body moving like daily walking, you will increase your metabolism, burn up those extra calories and get your body to make more of the happy neurotransmitter – serotonin.
- Choose healthier snacks – it’s only normal when we feel tired we reach for what we think we need for a boost – sugar. But did you know that protein will get your energy back on track in a healthier way? Make sure you have healthy snacks on hand for when you get that tired feeling – try having rice crackers with hummus, nuts and seeds, yogurt with nuts or even crackers and cheese instead of sugar – you will be surprised at how much better you’ll feel.
If you need extra help with increasing your energy, healthy snack ideas or supplements, give me a call.
With your health in mind,
Learn more about how you can take back control of your health by subscribing to the iNaturally Newsletter here www.inaturally.com.au
Catherine McCoy is anIntegrative Naturopath, Coach and Speaker who is the founder of iNaturally.
Catherine works with women who are sick and tired of being tired and sick to reboot their health and rebuild their life.